We worked and we dug and we killed ourselves
for two days..
but we got 'um in!
I liked the willow edging too...like a lot of you,
but in the end it was just to impractical for this spot
and it was too much upkeep
We started by doing a complete layout just to be sure we knew where to dig...by the way, I didn't have enough...I was short about a dozen plants!
We used 172 plants in one gallon containers
There are four sections of English roses and we worked a section at a time...digging a trench to accommodate the new boxwood. I added lots of compost and some other soil booster amendment things to give these guys a bit of a jump start
These will look pretty when they get a bit bigger and frame the lavender garden...
next spring will be really fun.
Millie was amazingly helpful...
The biggest challenge in doing this hedge is the rocks we keep digging up....they are everywhere and some are huge!
See that big bad boy in the front of this picture...he was so big that once we actually got him out... we just rolled him to a bare spot
and he will now reside there...
Just in case you thought I was kidding about the rock thing...
This gave us an opportunity to tweak our irrigation system in this area and make a few more decisions about our little water feature,
which will go in the center of the rose garden.
The succulents are really loving this spot too
This rock was such a pain to dig up I feel like I should give it a name...I think we did actually call it a few names,
as we were trying to get the sucker up!
I think you can get the picture...
Any way....all done and I feel like it was worth the work.
I don't quite feel "Texas Big"....but maybe in the spring
Sorry to hear about the terrible drought in Texas...hope that goes away soon!
I will be announcing the herbarium giveaway winners tomorrow, in the afternoon...
so please stop by and see who wins....
I'm a bit behind on my emails... please don't think I am not reading your great comments...I love 'em all!
Enjoy your beautiful day